Following are the criteria for Admission of Foreign Students in BDS Course in the Private Dental Colleges in Bangladesh under the self-finance scheme:
- a) Equivalence of Foreign Degree:
- Must have passed the qualifying examination (HSC/’A’ level) or equivalent examination.
- SSC/‘O’ Level or equivalent has to be passed up to 4 years before the year of enrollment at UDC.
- HSC/‘A’ Level or equivalent has to be passed up to 2 years before the year of enrollment at UDC.
- For example, students seeking admission in the 2016-2017 session must pass SSC/’O’ level or equivalent examination not before 2013 and pass HSC/’O’ level or equivalent examination not before 2015
- Minimum aggregate GPA in SSC/’O’ level or equivalent and HSC /’A’ level or equivalent examination 7.00 (seven).
- Minimum GPA in SSC/’O’ level or equivalent and in HSC /’A’ level or equivalent examination 3.0.
- Minimum GPA in biology: 3.5
- For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in SSC/’O’ level or equivalent exam. only top 5 subjects are considered for calculation of GPA. Therefore, GPA in ‘O’ level = (total marks obtained in top five subjects)/5.
- b) Application Form: Duly filled in application forms in triplicate along with following documents, copy to passport and 6 passport size photographs are to be reached by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dhaka by 07 November 2016 through Bangladesh Mission abroad/Missions of respective countries in Dhaka.
- All certificates must be duly attested by the competent authority, i.e. Education Board, the Foreign Ministries of the respective countries and respective Bangladesh, Missions abroad / respective countries in Dhaka.
- Successful applicants have to produce all academic certificates and mark-sheets/ transcripts in original at the time of their admission.
- c) Application Fee: Each applicant must send US$ 60.00 (sixty) / BD Tk. 5000/- as non-refundable application fee by Telegraphic Transfer (T.T. / SWIFT Code through
|Name of Nostro A/c.||Account No.||Swift Code|
|Standard Chartered Bank, New York||3582020365001||SCBLUS33|
|Mashreq Bank Psc.New York||7012518||MSHQU33|
|AB Bank Ltd. Mumbai||5001-000003-155||ABBLINBB|
- Beneficiary “Director Medical Education & HMPD, DGHS, Mohakhali, Dhaka, Bangladesh,
- A/c. No. 200024894 with Rupali Bank Ltd. Mohakhali Branch, Dhaka, Bangladesh. T.T.
- received copy (Deposit received memo) must be attached with application form.
- d) Only applications transmitted through Bangladesh Missions abroad or through the Foreign Missions in Dhaka of respective countries will be accepted. Applications must reach the Ministry of Foreign Affairs by the stipulated time.
- All the payments should be made through pay order/ Bank Draft in favor of University Dental College & Hospital/ DMCR Foundation.
- Tuition fees for the first two months have to be paid at the time of admission.
- After the first two months, all students will have to pay their tuition fees by the 7th day of every running month.
- Fine will be imposed if the student fails to pay the tuition fee, annual fee, and other fees by the due date.
- To appear for any Professional BDS examination, students must clear all due fees before filling the Professional BDS Exam form.
- The name of the student will be struck off from the college register if the fees remain unpaid for three months or more. The students then will have to seek re-admission on payment of full arrear dues and also the re-admission fees.
If a student’s name is struck o‑ from the college Register due to nonpayment of dues or disciplinary cause, he/she may be readmitted on the recommendations from the governing body on full payment of the arrear dues plus Tk. 7,000/- (Taka Seven thousand) only as re-admission fees for Bangladeshi Student and the US $ 500/- (Five hundred) only for the Foreign Student).
Development fund contribution should be made at the time of admission, which is non-refundable and can be paid in two installments for the special case.
UDC offers spacious hostel accommodation for students. The girls’ hostel is located inside the UDC campus building. This ensures their safety and allows quick and easy access to the university. The boys’ hostel is located within walking distance of the campus.